Looking for a knob

Jeff Golas aka BAGS aka KC3GJX

Hey all, figured I’d try here, I need a simple little knob to complete a project. Basically I need one thats a push on type for a d-shaft, and needs to be extended out the back so it fits onto a shaft thats behind a panel, so think like a volume knob from a tv.

Its going onto an encoder that has no limit, so prefer something thats plain black with no pointer. I found almost exactly what Im looking for on ebay but the ones in the listing have pointers on them. Ill try to attach a shot of it.

Anyone have something laying around?

Jim Fisher AJ3DI

try autoparts store replacement parts area....

--
jim fisher
Jedijf

KB3IV

I can tell you with utmost certainty that you will not find that knob at an auto parts store. I was in the auto parts business for over 50 years.

You have to locate an old timer who has a bins of knobs. Don't look for a knob, look for that old timer.

Walt Beattie

How about someone with a 3D printer? I don't know how durable it would be, but it might be a source. It would be drawn in a CAD program, then printed.

Walt Beattie - AA3WB
fdpiper@...

I can tell you with utmost certainty that you will not find that knob at an auto parts store.  I was in the auto parts business for over 50 years.

You have to locate an old timer who has a bins of knobs.  Don't look for a knob, look for that old timer.

--
Walt Beattie