sticky PMRC Summer HEAT! (simplex games) after the Drive Time NET (all JUNE long)

Jim Fisher AJ3DI

June 1st thru June 30th:

So I mentioned since June is the halfway point of the year, and we had SUCH A BLAST as a club participating in WINTER HEAT, that for a little time after the Drive Time Net we would practice/play simplex. This will be great for getting ready for Field Day 2 meter and up at the top of the hill.  Simplex is vital for real life and emergency communication and not as easy as repeater play, as we found out during Winter Heat in January.

We will use the same frequencies as Winter Heat:

OPERATING FREQUENCIES

ANALOG

2M

70cm

OTHER

147.570

IL2-Charlie

446.700

ILUHF-Charlie

52.540

6M-Xray

147.525

IL2-Bravo

446.400

ILUHF-Bravo

223.400

1.25M-Xray

927.100

33cm-XRay

DIGITAL

147.555

C4FM-V

446.600

C4FM-U

145.790

DMR-V

TG:99 TS:1 CC:1

446.0750

DMR-U

TG:99 TS:1 CC:1

145.670

D-STAR-V

446.225

D-STAR-U

Just like in January, we will coordinate and use the 2 meter repeater for the back channel. (‘cause simplex is hard)

Since this is practice and play, logging isn’t required, but notes will allow you to review how your station operates in simplex communication. Your location, radios, antennas and bands/modes.

January Winter Heat RESULTS:

Club Name

Call Sign

State

Members

Points

Contacts

Phil-Mont

W3QV

PA

    17

1,040

131

Let’s build upon this, play and learn radio, and be even better NEXT YEAR!

--
jim fisher
Jedijf

Join main@Philmontmobileradioclub.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.