PMRC Contest Team #contest

Jim Fisher AJ3DI

Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club now has a Contest Team!

Contest Committee is Chaired by Phil N3ZP

What does this mean?

This means that Club Members can participate in Contests that allow Club participation scoring and submit their individual logs with

Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club

designated as the Club Team on their log submission.

This is a learning journey for the Club in "Radio Sport"

So what will we learn?

We will learn the basics about contesting on various modes.

Logging.

Exchanges required for various contests.

How to submit logs in the proper format as designated by the contest.

Various contest sponsors have different rules. We will experience and try to guide folks through all of it.

To start, for ARRL sponsored contests we will be using the 35 mile rule. Members within 35 miles of Philadelphia can submit logs and be part of the Team score when they designate

Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club

as their "CLUB" on log submission.

If you are not on the list email this thread so we can add and update the list.

FIRST TEAM CONTEST is this WEEKEND.

RTTY Roundup

Dates: First full weekend of January, but never on January 1. (January 8-9, 2022).

Contest Period: Begins 1800 UTC Saturday, ends 2359 UTC Sunday,

Contest rules are now maintained as a single downloadable document.

Click Here for the Complete ARRL RTTY Roundup Rules (PDF)

Full event info: http://www.arrl.org/rtty-roundup

Logs are due within SEVEN (7) days after the event is over. Logs may be submitted either online or via mail, but electronic Cabrillo logs are the preferred method.

So first play in the contest! We will start a separate thread about logging and talk about it on the air.

This is a FUN learning event. No pressure.

Familiarize yourself with the contest 'exchange' beforehand.

Listen/watch a few exchanges if you are new to contesting.

Exchange: W/VE stations send a signal report and their US state or Canadian province.

This is a typical contest contact when you are chasing the person calling CQ
CQing Station: CQ RU DE W1PY

Answering Station: AJ3DI
    <--YOUR CALL
CQer: AJ3DI 599 CT
     <-- they confirm they hear YOUR call, give report and THEIR state
Answer: 599 PA
    <--YOUR signal report and YOUR state
CQer: TU RU DE W1PY     <-- IT'S BOOKED / LOG it and grab another!!

You will log:

Frequency

Mode

Date (UTC)

Time: (UTC)

Their CALL: W1PY

The report YOU sent: 599*

The report they gave you: 599

Their STATE/PROVIDENCE or serial #(DX stations): CT     <--AKA multiplier

OMG. You got one. Go get number 2.....rinse, repeat.

*TIP: USE 599 for all your signal reports. Makes logging and submitting easier.

Get ready, for just ARRL we have all of this:

Club Competition:

  1. There are nine ARRL-sponsored contests that are designated as Affiliated Club Competitions (ACC) for ARRL and RAC affiliated clubs:
  2. 1. January VHF Contest
    1. 2. RTTY Roundup
    2. 3. International DX Contest
    3. 4. June VHF Contest
    4. 5. 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest
    5. 6. September VHF Contest
    6. 7. November Sweepstakes
    7. 8. 160-Meter Contest
    8. 9. 10-Meter Contest
    9. For full club competition ru

      Club Competition:

    10. There are nine ARRL-sponsored contests that are designated as Affiliated Club Competitions (ACC) for ARRL and RAC affiliated clubs:
    11. 1. January VHF Contest
      1. 2. RTTY Roundup
      2. 3. International DX Contest
      3. 4. June VHF Contest
      4. 5. 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest
      5. 6. September VHF Contest
      6. 7. November Sweepstakes
      7. 8. 160-Meter Contest
      8. 9. 10-Meter Contest
      9. For full club competition rules, please see the link below:
      10. Club Competition Rules ver 1.03 (23 December 2020)
    12. les, please see the link below:
    13. Club Competition Rules ver 1.03 (23 December 2020)

I will upload a larger radius list in case we get more than 10 submissions too.

--

jim fisher
Jedijf

Join main@Philmontmobileradioclub.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.