locked #cal-invite SUNDAY OCTOBER 10 - Pavilion #14 Ridley Creek State Park - Build Your Own DBJ-1 60watt dual band base station antenna #cal-invite

Daniel Wagaman

Edited

Hello Phil-Mont!

Great news! Our DBJ-1 antenna build is now an official club sponsored event and I've reserved an outdoor location. Here are the event details:

WHO: YOU! And anyone else who wants to build their own antenna
WHAT: DBJ-1 dual band J-pole group build
WHERE: Pavilion #14 - Ridley Creek State Park - https://goo.gl/maps/dhz4HuP94qzF8r1b8
WHEN: Sunday October 10th at 9:30AM. I'm guessing 2-4 hours for everyone to build their antenna and try it out.
WHY: Because building things is fun! And you'll have your own very useful antenna to deploy.
SIGNUP CUTOFF DATE: September 20th

HOW CAN YOU ATTEND?

Anyone is welcome. Please add your name and info to the signup sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LNXGRZxZQowuWKsyVbRwXVhK2tkKkLTGccaMDq11k1A/edit#gid=0
Antenna materials will be provided. There is a $25 fee to help cover reserving the pavilion and the purchase of materials. Payment details will be worked out after the signup cutoff date.

I ask that you please study Ed's QST article on the DBJ-1 and get familiar with it's design before attending. Some experienced members should be around to help, but remember, our tickets are a license to learn so let's be prepared to all learn together. You don't have to become an expert, just get a sense of how it works and how it's built. Questions will come up; those questions are a big part of why we're doing this project. We'll help each other figure it out, build some great antennas together and learn a little more about RF.
xc
Here's a link to the DBJ-1 article: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Technology/tis/info/pdf/0302038.pdf. Here's Dr. Ed Fong giving his DBJ-1 talk to a club on YouTube: https://youtu.be/E_IBni6vvMc. Here's a link to Ed's website: https://edsantennas.weebly.com/

The pavilion has parking, flush toilets nearby, 10 picnic tables and is covered in case of bad weather. We will have a generator available to provide power. You're invited to bring any electronic tools and materials (solder, flux, wire strippers, etc.) you have to share with the group. We don't need a complete soldering station for each person but the more that are available the quicker and easier the builds will be. I and a few others have NanoVNAs that will be available for testing during the build. You're also encouraged to bring a device of some kind or a printed copy of the article so you can refer to the article during your build.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

73, Dan W4GMN

Join main@Philmontmobileradioclub.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.